So I used to hang out with my girl friends and talk but now we talk, chase, forget where we left off in our sentences, sometimes return and other times just pick up where we left off the next time we hang out! And I wouldn't have it any other way!
I don't mean to belabor the point about how I went through a barren season in life but I know we all go through these season and hope my sharing will help someone else. God knows we all have these seasons. But the funny thing is that when my friends started having kids before me it seemed like their kids where going to be so much older than mine but now they all seem so close in age.
Some might wonder if I was ever jealous of my friends when they were having kids. I have to say I have AWESOME and super sensitive friends who shared their news in great, creative ways which often times made me feel like I was the privileged one to know their precious news. And I had genuine joy about each one of their kiddos! But it came from me being jealous of one pregnancy at the very beginning stages of the infertility. I remember walking away feeling sick from seeing my capacity to be jealous. I sincerely didn't know I had that capacity in my heart for jealousy and I decided then after I never again wanted that feeling to overcome me like it did. I processed the yuck I had just experienced and then thought, "How could I be so stupid to be jealous of a life that God has given?!" Jealousy and coveting bear grotesque fruit and they were not something I wanted in my life. I asked God to help me from then on out. There were moments of temptation at times especially since women get pregnant all the time but it wasn't something that would come and overwhelm me. If I had a bad moment I learned to be quick to repent. I had to contend in prayer and learned to ask for grace to make it through. And yet again God was faithful!
If you're going through a barren season, may you stay far from jealousy and be blessed with grace!
No comments:
Post a Comment