
My girl makes me laugh!

On Wednesday our attorney flew from LA to Sacramento to pick up Anna's birth certificate from vital records since it never was mailed to her office. Then she hand delivered it to our social worker. So our file is now complete and a
preliminary report needs to be written by our social worker. Only problem is that two people have quit in our social workers office and have not been replaced so she's had to take on their case load. In addition, she's had to take furlough days since California's economy is shot so her work load was already heavy. (
Side note: I did my internship in college with
DFACS with the child abuse investigators. I saw first hand how much things can back up. I truly feel for our social worker.) We'd love prayer that we'd have favor with our social worker and she's be able to write our
preliminary report quickly. Our attorney mentioned possibly two weeks for this to take place. Once this is written she'll send it over to our attorney. When our attorney receives this she can begin looking for the birth father in order for him to terminate his rights. If he's found and terminates his rights immediately then it can move everything along faster but if he's not found I think they'll place an ad in the paper for 30 days in the area where he was last known to live. If they don't hear any thing then it's assumed he wants to terminate his rights.
I think it's two more steps after this.
1. Once birth father's rights are terminated then our social worker will write a final report.
2. Then it's onto the courts for our finalization!!!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment