Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The Birth Mom Signed

Peaceful sleep.
(Grandmoms, you'll be happy to know she's finally sleeping in her travel bed.)

Today the birth mom signed consent giving us the right to care for Anna until the adoption is finalized. She does have 30 days to change her mind but from the agency to attorney to social worker they said the odds are very low - generally birth moms will change their minds at the hospital if they are going to change their minds.


She did ask one last thing of us before we leave and this is for all of us to see her one last time. We didn't think about trying to do this at the hospital. There were so many other details on our plates at the time. It makes sense from her point of view that she would want to do so. When the social worker told us this she added to it that the birth mom really likes us. This makes us feel good. Again we'd love your prayers. I think it was the social worker that mentioned it could get emotional at the end when saying the final good-bye so pray for all of us to have the wisdom we need in saying farewell.


Tomorrow is a big day in Anna's world. She gets to meet one of her grandmothers. My mom will be coming in town for the weekend!!!! We all can't wait!

3 comments:

Dianne said...

WOW, I think she is getting more beautiful every day.I think she's saying "Praise the Lord".
I'm so glad that things went well today and I pray the rest of the process goes as well. Have a good time with Grandma Janie.
Love,
Dianne

Alana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alana said...

I'll try again. How could anyone not really like you two? We're praying. I'm glad you'll have help and family with you for the weekend. Come home soon.