The first major round of paperwork is over with and we have completed our home study!!!! That's a true milestone in the adoption process. Overall, the home study visit was a breeze - quick and painless. Before the visit we had weeks of hours upon hours of paperwork and running around to do! For all of you that want to know - Winston is up to date all on all of his shots. Yes, they even wanted to know information like this! And our 30 page self-studies met our social workers approval. She said we both got A+s. I felt like a kid bringing home a good report card when she said this. Often times when I was growing up my dad would take me to Baskin Robbins for my good grades. I wonder if I can cash in for another scoop? Hum.
For those of you who are into details - During the home visit Winston was very docile and sweet in his little pen (he did have his benadryl in the morning for allergies), the social worker didn't go outside to see the tree in the very back of the yard that is dead at the top and will be cut down after we complete the adoption process and have more flexibility in our funds. Also, our ants that appear mysteriously at random through out the year around our kitchen sink stayed tucked away! I don't think these things would have made a difference either way with a child being placed with us but sometimes I don't want my flaws shown.
So what's next? Within the next two weeks we'll meet with our social worker again when she has completed her reports on us and THEN WE'LL START CONNECTING WITH ADOPTION AGENCIES THROUGH OUR ADOPTION CONSULTANT!!!!
For those of you who are into details - During the home visit Winston was very docile and sweet in his little pen (he did have his benadryl in the morning for allergies), the social worker didn't go outside to see the tree in the very back of the yard that is dead at the top and will be cut down after we complete the adoption process and have more flexibility in our funds. Also, our ants that appear mysteriously at random through out the year around our kitchen sink stayed tucked away! I don't think these things would have made a difference either way with a child being placed with us but sometimes I don't want my flaws shown.
So what's next? Within the next two weeks we'll meet with our social worker again when she has completed her reports on us and THEN WE'LL START CONNECTING WITH ADOPTION AGENCIES THROUGH OUR ADOPTION CONSULTANT!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment