Monday, February 4, 2013

Life Changing Book

Over the past month or so I keep thinking of a book I read over a year ago and I am thankful for the freedom it has brought to me. Wanted to share.

Unfortunately, life here on earth can afford times of offenses. If you've never experienced any, I am happy for you. And these offenses can be formed against others and against God. Over  a year ago our church was in what one of our spiritual fathers rightly termed "a time of times and a season of seasons." God was wanting to do some great things especially amongst our leadership if we would yield to him. The yielding began and God started showing me some offenses in my heart that I had never realized. Others might have precieved them. (Why is it that sometimes others can see things so clearly yet we do not?) All that said my sweet daughter kept takings a random book off the book case and giving it to me. Mind you, it was a book I had never read called The Bait of Satan by John Bevere. I decided to crack it open and give it a try and at the onset I realized I needed to cotinue on prayerfully because it was tailored made for where I was. The book dealt with offenses and boy, did it open a can of worms in my world! God began to showed me a ton a junk in my life from being offended at a church leader years ago following one conversation and how it was effecting my perception of things with my current church leadership. He went even further to point out how my first bad encounter with authority outside the home set the tone for the way I viewed authority from then on out. In the first grade I had been wrongly accused of a minor thing in school and from then on out I had always been defensive towards authority and felt prompted to show I was right. It had really set up a strong-hold of pride in my life. Wow, only God can get to the root issues in the heart and mind. Felt like I was constantly confessing things to God during this time and ended up confessing things when appropriate to others. I am so thankful for the truths Bevere challenged his readers with. This soul is eternally grateful for the liberty the book brought to me.

All this said, I wanted to encourage others if you have offense in your heart you can be liberated from it!  Praying you get your own "time of time and season of season" as well!

No comments: