Thursday, March 25, 2010

Thanks on Thursday

For several weeks now I have had moments of genuine gratitude for random things that previously I hadn't put much thought into. Has been nice. So in lieu of these thoughts, I decided I would do weekly post called "Thanks on Thursday."
I am thankful that the Lord is the author and finisher of my faith and the proof of the pudding is the ministries He's allowed me to be involved in over the years which have helped my faith. Here's a list of some and what I gained through them -
  • The Baptist Denomination - The need for salvation and that Jesus is the only way!
  • Campus Outreach - Awakened to a love for God's word and to challenge every thing I am taught with the word. I am especially grateful for Cathy who discipled me in college.
  • Youth With A Mission (YWAM) via my aunt, Dianne - A heart for missions and awaking me to the often ignored part of the trinity - the Holy Spirit.
  • First Presbyterian in Rome, GA - Love of the godhead, the Father.
  • Christian City Church - Dislike of man made religion and my capacity to easily be like the Pharisees in scriptures and an amazing introduction to the Holy Spirit which I had longed for for so much time.
  • International House of Prayer (IHOP) - Love of corporate worship, prayer and fasting. These saints spur me on!
  • Restoration Life Church - There is so much to say and will save for another time. But I genuinely love my church, it's vision, calling, my pastor, and the people! This is the way it's supposed to be.
  • Lifeschool International - Being around church leaders in developing nations who acknowlege their spiritual hunger and poverty for God. They are rich!
In all of this I see my need for the body of Christ and understand why scripture talks about not forsaking the assembling together of the brethren. While I am not any thing great, I would be nothing without the body which includy the ministries I've been involved in. I love the scripture which talks about believers being like iron that sharpens iron. Thank you, God, for putting me among iron!

1 comment:

April Barber said...

I'm thankful for YOU and the spiritual impact God has used you for in my life. You have always been an "iron friend." I wish we lived closer so I could get sharpened by you more often! Love you!