Here is a picture from our trip to the mountains.
About three years ago we were at this same spot having our picture made. It was during the worst stage of the 5 plus years of infertility when we had hit rock bottom and were in the full-swing grief process especially since we truly felt we had the faith for conceiving. We were thinking/praying/waiting on the Lord about adoption at this point and even that weekend I shared with my mom my desire to adopt. Anna's adoption was apart of the healing process from the wound of infertility. How lovely to return to this spot with her! I love when things come full circle.
The reason for our grief was surrendering our timing for giving birth to a baby. Wow, was that a hard one but can't imagine not having done it. Where would our Anna be in the equation if we had not done so. For those that have grieved before I am sometimes struck at the various things we can grieve over beyond just the odvious one of death. While grief is not the preferred season in life I am grateful that it is a process which does come to an END!
1 comment:
Anna is such a blessing to your family and such an adorable addition! God is so good - He hand made her JUST for you and Bryan. What craftmanship!
love you guys!
Post a Comment