Monday, June 8, 2009
Big Daddy Loves You
When I was a kid I thought the world of my grandfather who I called Big Daddy. Ironically, he wasn’t known for being a family man. In fact, it seemed it took everything out of him to go to family events and he would have preferred to be playing pool with his cronies instead. He seemed so vastly different from much of the family and most of the time I knew him he wasn’t a Christian. Fortunately, soon before he passed way we found out he had accepted Christ. We’ve joked around as a family that my grandmother who suffered from the ravages of Alzheimer’s and had forgotten who he was would have shockingly said to him upon her arrival in heaven, “What are you doing here?” But all this aside- I loved this man and for some reason I always knew I had a special place in my Big Daddy’s heart. Well, this morning the phrase came to mind that he always said to me before we said our goodbyes - “Remember your Big Daddy loves you!” Then it hit me - if I was so secure in his love, how much more secure should I be in my Heavenly Father’s love which is so much deeper and wider than anyone could ever explain? One of my desires lately has been to be rooted and grounded in the knowledge of God’s love. So I am going to turn his phrase around as if God is saying it to me - “Remember your Big Abba (Daddy), Heavenly Father loves you!” What a good thing to mediate upon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
good word! hope you write more reflections like this. they're as enjoyable to read as your daughter's pictures are to see.
I love that!!!!
Post a Comment